[osis-core] RE: Work Issue

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:57:26 -0500

--------------010908080702000700030301

Todd,

Before you jump off into another issue, let me see if I have the old one
at least partially understood:

We have a KJV Bible that for whatever reason, also has Hebrew Bible
versification marked in the text itself, for example: Gen:1.1/Gen:1.1
and so on.

And you want to have a single work element that has both reference
systems inside the work element, so you can use either one? Sorta like
the editions of Augustine that have multiple reference systems in a
single edition so you can go find stuff in other editions?

So as we are now, with the text having only one attribute to point at a
single work element (which is every thing inside it) you don't know
which reference system is meant if both are recorded inside the work
element? And this is a problem for osisID only?

Just making sure I understand the use case first.

Breaking for dinner now, back in a while.

>Troy,
>
>I can agree.  In fact it sounds like an improvement since the other
>sub-elements would seem to be less "precise".  Example if I were the
>author then I could be identified as "Daniel Todd Tillinghast", "Todd
>Tillinghast", "Daniel T. Tillinghast", or "Daniel T Tillinghast".  Any
>variation causing a mismatch.
>
>However, I don't know what the opinion of the rest of the group would
>be.
>
>Todd

Co-Editor, ISO Reference Model for Topic Maps

--------------010908080702000700030301

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Todd,<br>
Before you jump off into another issue, let me see if I have the old one
at least partially understood:<br>
We have a KJV Bible that for whatever reason, also has Hebrew Bible versification
marked in the text itself, for example: Gen:1.1/Gen:1.1 and so on.<br>
And you want to have a single work element that has both reference systems
inside the work element, so you can use either one? Sorta like the editions
of Augustine that have multiple reference systems in a single edition so
you can go find stuff in other editions?<br>
So as we are now, with the text having only one attribute to point at a single
work element (which is every thing inside it) you don't know which reference
system is meant if both are recorded inside the work element? And this is
a problem for osisID only? <br>
Just making sure I understand the use case first.<br>
Breaking for dinner now, back in a while.<br>
Patrick<br>
Todd Tillinghast wrote:<br>
 cite="mid000001c2c8b0$c32c60e0$8100a8c0@halogenlight">
  <pre wrap="">Troy,