[osis-core] RE: Work Issue

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:13:11 -0700

I think the misunderstanding here is seen in the statement by Todd:

"In Toronto we determined that when resolving a reference that ALL of
the elements in the <work> element in the referring document must be
present in the THIS <work> element of the document being referred to."

First, I'm a little confused by this statement.  What elements are you
talking about?  This doesn't make any sense if you really mean ALL.
Maybe you mean just all the <identifier> subelements?

<refSystem> is one subelement that definitely would not fit in this
rule-- in my opinion, unless I'm missing something.

<refSystem> merely defines the default reference system that WE'RE using
in regard to this work.  In the THIS work element, it specifies my
default ref system (in both my self-identifying osisID's and also any
self-referencing osisRef's); in other work elements, it specifies the
default ref system I'M using when targetting this work with an osisRef.

I'm still not sure I understand the problem.

	-Troy.