[osis-core] Bible.Vul:PsLXX

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:58:24 -0500

As I understand it, different versions of the Vulgate may have Psalms based
on the Hebrew or LXX. Thus, Bible.Vul:Ps.20 may refer to two different
Psalms depending on what version of the Vulgate is in question. Needless to
say,
it should be able to differentiate between the two different versions of
Psalms.

Do we want to add a new book code, PsLXX say, for the LXX-based
Psalms?  Or should we have two different osisIDs, Bible.Vul and Bible.Vulxx,
depending on the versification of the Psalms? Or is there some other way to
differentiate?  Or am I all confused about how this works?

-Harry