[osis-core] <hi> types

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:39:10 -0700

Todd,
	How would YOU suggest we force people to markup 2 spaces between sentences?
	2 spaces between STATE and ZIP in an address?
	Extra spaces before GOD in Chinese?
	Preserve TABs?
	Preserve NewLines?

	How would YOU suggest we allow large amounts of data, like I have
suggested WON'T make it into OSIS and Harry seems to think the same, if
we FORCE the people marking up text to add all these in by hand?
BETWEEN EVERY SENTENCE (Whatever you propose, as we don't even have a
&nbsp; right now).

	Wouldn't it be nice to take a LARGE volume of texts that aren't worth
spending the time to markup in detail, tack the
xml:whitespace="preserve" tag to the top, break it up into general
sections with osisID attributes and be done with it?

	-Troy.