[osis-core] almost got a text ready

Mon, 9 Sep 2002 19:04:58 -0700 (MST)

I'll take a crack at them....

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> 1) Seems I don't know where in the xml file to specify that I'm using
> osisCore.1.1.xsd

The following is what I have (and XMLSpy likes it):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<osis xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="osisCore.1.1.xsd">

> 2) title doesn't seem to like living in work

Those elements within work are in a sequence, so title needs to come
first.

> 3) what booknames should I use?  I've still got the "_2cor" type names
> and I'm pretty sure we've changed them to something like "2Cor"

I don't know if we have published any kind of standard set, but the SBL
abbreviations were what I remember us agreeing upon.

How should we make this fact known?

> 4) I couldn't use spaces to separate my list of attribute values on some
> of <w>'s attributes, so I've '|' separated them.  Not sure if this is
> ok, but it validates :)

Can't help there...

> 5) Actually, I NEED spaces for some of <w>'s attributes, eg. were an
> english gloss might be 2 words.

I needed spaces for some morphological tags in one of my books and ended
up converting them to underscores.  This is probably not be the most
attractive solution, especially for glosses.

--Chris