[osis-core] markup guidelines

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 01 Sep 2002 22:58:57 -0700

Todd,
	But *practically* to you understand that if the user asks for Ps.1.1, it
would be much easier to render to the user if the quote were in the node
that was returned to me from a query for osisID Ps.1.1?  Maybe you don't
see it being harder.  Not sure.  But... Doesn't it also make sense that
if you ask me to write out the text for Ps.1.1, I would include the
quotation marks (and line breaks, if I was anal about it).  Not sure.
I'm just getting ready to write some real code against this spec and an
dreading all the things I have to take into account for the most basic
operations.  I'm lucky enough to be preprocessing the docs into my own
custom formats, so I can take care of these things, but just the
preprocess these docs is going to be tough in many circumstances.  But
HEY, that's our life, right?  And it only has to be written once.
That's the beauty of OSIS-- at least once the whole starts using it
tomorrow! :)

	-Troy.