[osis-core] markup guidelines

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:19:00 -0700

I know I'm gonna have to deal with ALL KINDS of markup to this standard,
when I write code to handle OSIS, so I shouldn't complain about this,
but...  this isn't really the preferred way to markup osisIDs is it?

old excerpt from Todd's example:

									<lineGroup>									  <line>
     <verse osisID="Matt.13.14" segID="Matt.13.14@b" prev="Matt.13.14@a"
next="Matt.13.14@c">This people will listen and listen, but not
understand;</verse>
   </line>
   <line>
     <verse osisID="Matt.13.14" segID="Matt.13.14@c"
prev="Matt.13.14@b">they will look and look, but not see,</verse>
   </line>
   <line>
     <verse osisID="Matt.13.15" segID="Matt.13.15@a"
next="Matt.13.15@b">because their minds are dull,</verse>
   </line>

</lineGroup>

maybe I'm thinking of things differently from the rest, but doesn't it
seem extraordinarily difficult to display 'Matt.13.14'?

Shouldn't the <lineGroup> and <line> be considered 'in' Matt.13.14?  It
sure seems to make more sense to put the <lineGroup> inside the <verse>
tag, and will make my life a while lot easier to process.

	-Troy.