[osis-core] p inside verse?

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:04:15 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> > I'm getting validation errors if I start a <p> mid-verse.  Is this a
> > restrictions that we wanted?
>
> Yes, at least I think so. Sorta compelled by having only one hierarchy.
> (cf. my notes on how I am trying to solve that particular problem with
> JITTs.)

I ran into this problem doing some commentary where I wanted to put <p>s
inside <verse>s since each <verse> contained a few paragraphs of
commentary.  I ended up adding a <note> layer beneath the <verse> in the
hierarchy and then putting my <p>s, etc. inside the <note>.

Is that sensible or a violation of the semantics of <verse>?  Should I
comment?

--Chris