[osis-core] transChange inside note

Wed, 30 Oct 2002 13:44:52 -0500

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

>> <note type="x-StudyNote">
>> <transChange changeType="added">of</transChange>
>> </note>
>>
>> it should validate. The reason is that you are now indicating a
>> change in text. Would also be valid if  you use q for the "from the
>> face" and put transChange inside the q.
>

> But the rule is that we DON'T need p to cite Biblical text, right?
> <w> and others are included in note-- it seems the intent was to allow
> Biblical text.  Back to a more general point:

support transChange) you have to use something that supports the element
you want to use.

> I think we need a textElements group that provides all of these
> elements so we don't have to repeat them all over.  This will make the
> spec much more maintainable and have less risk inconsistencies.  This
> has been suggested by others, in the past, as well, and I thought that
> we had it this way at one time, but don't remember for sure.

We did have that at one point but the main reason it was dropped was in
the final stages of drafting it was easier to keep the content model
straight will them all in the schema.

Certainly less maintenance work but may lose some flexibility unless it
is really a small core group that is almost everywhere.

Will not make any difference to the text whether it is one of the other
but I think if we do a "bug" fix, it needs to be included in that fix.

Patrick