[osis-core] OSIS book abbreviations

Mon, 7 Oct 2002 10:36:46 -0600

<snip>
> [Note to Patrick: is it documented anywhere that Esth.10
> can contain non-contiguous elements and software returning
> Esth.10 should be able to handle that?]

It is possible for osisIDs to go out of document order.  There are other
cases where osisIDs do not appear in document order, mainly where
translators changed the order slightly to make the text flow better.

<snip>

> If I ask to see Bible.NRSVA.Esth.2.1, which version do I expect
> to see? Is there a way of specifing one or the other?

When "Bible.NRSVA" is defined, it would have to be defined as one or the
other.  A second work that represents the reference system that differs
would be have to defined as either "Bible.NRSVA.SomeOtherName" or
"Bible.SomeOtherName".

The trouble would come in that it seems that there are two differing
naming systems in use that are commonly known by the same name (NRSVA).
I don't think there is much of a remedy for that problem outside of not
using "Bible.NRSVA".

Todd