[osis-core] OsisRef problem -- more thoughts

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 06 Oct 2002 23:13:46 -0700

I would tend to say that we've done it correctly as is.  The following
behaviour that Harry mentions is how I've marked up verse lists.

> One might also suggest something like this:
>
>   Exod. chap. viii.
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.8.1-Exod.8.2">1, 2</reference>,
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.8.20-Exod.8.21">20, 21</reference>,
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.9.1-Exod.9.5"/>ix. 1-5</reference>,
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.9.13-Exod.9.15"/>13-17</reference>, and
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.10.3"/>x. 3</reference>,
>   <reference osisRef="Bible:Exod.10.6">6</reference>
>
> But that doesn't really do it either. Then you have to click on each
> separate reference to see the corresponding text. I want them all
> to appear with a single click in a single window.

I think this is best.  If you want them all to be in a contiguous list
then I would put them in something like <list type="verselist"></list>

My reasoning is that default behaviour for a reference link is typically
to jump to the location.  In your proposed discontiguous link, I cannot
do this.

If your software can do something like you suggest: open a new window
and show all verses in a verselist, then I think my proposal of
surrounding all of list references in a <list> element will give both of
us what we want.

Just my thoughts.

	-Troy.