[osis-core] Ambiguity regarding <work> and when to use <identifier type="OSIS"> and <referenceSystem> and which is required.

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:53:32 -0500

Todd,

I have not paid that much attention to referenceSystems as yet.
I've used osisIDs and osisRefs like Bible:Matt.1.1 and I've
used osisIDs as I was previously using IDs in ThML -- i.e.
on almost all elements.

I have this as an example header:

<osisText osisIDWork="suso_wisdom">
  <header>
version</p>
    </revisionDesc>
    <work osisWork="suso_wisdom">
      <title>A Little Book of Eternal Wisdom</title>
      <contributor role="x-Markup">Jon Van Howegen</contributor>
      <creator subType="ccel" role="aut">suso</creator>
      <creator subType="file-as" role="aut">Suso, Henry
(1295-1366)</creator>
      <creator subType="short-form" role="aut">Henry Suso</creator>
      <subject subType="ccel">Practical; Miscellaneous; </subject>
      <subject subType="LCCN">BV5080 .S813</subject>
      <subject subType="lcsh1">Practical theology</subject>
      <subject subType="lcsh2">Practical religion. The Christian
life</subject>
      <subject subType="lcsh3">Mysticism</subject>
      <date type="Created" calendarType="ISO">1910-04-14</date>
      <publisher>Burns, Oates, &amp; Washbourne Ltd., London</publisher>
      <type>Text.Monograph</type>
      <format subType="IMT">text/xml</format>
      <identifier subType="URL">/ccel/suso/wisdom.html</identifier>
      <language>en</language>
      <rights>Public Domain</rights>
    </work>

Then, in the document, I have like this:

   <title type="x-h1" osisID="ii.p0.1">A Little Book of Eternal Wisdom
</title>

Ugly isn't it?

-Harry