[osis-core] Ambiguity regarding <work> and when to use <identifier type="OSIS"> and <referenceSystem> and which is required.

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 12:40:18 -0700

Harry,

Are any of you documents to the point where we could use a couple of
them as examples regarding the issue with <identifier type="OSIS"> and
<referenceSystem>?

If you have a text that uses values in osisID and osisRef attributes
that use both the defaults and other works, then we would not need to
construct an example.

I attempted to access you OSIS library online but it seems to be down.

Sorry for the possible complication regarding the release of your
documents, if I know that you had a deadline of today I would have
worked harder to get with Troy earlier this week and bring this beast to
the forefront.  (We started the attempt to call each other a week ago an
finally connected yesterday.)

I believe that whatever the resolution, that if you ALWAYS include BOTH
a <identifier type="OSIS"> and a <referenceSystem> element with
IDENTICAL values for ALL works then your encodings will be correct
regardless of the final interpretation.  This however presumes that it
is correct for the two values to be identical.  Given you position on
such things I doubt that it will be a problem.  (Troy, do you agree?)