Add new quote specific milestone attributes - RE: [osis-core] milestone name inconsistencies

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 14:42:27 -0500

>Patrick,
>
><snip>
>
>>>Todd
>>>
>>>Does <qEnd> need globalAttributes?
>>>
>>Yes, linked by osisID and splitID values according to the
>>
>documentation.
>
>I don't see any purpose for splitID for a milestone since a milestone
>can not be segmented.
>
>Are you proposing that we "link" <qEnd> with <qStart> with osisID or are
>you refereeing to some other meaning of "link"?

Linking with osisID. Present due to globalAttributes.

>>>Is there a reason that milestoneSe is required?  What good are start
>>>
>and
>
>>>end milestones without a mechanism to find their partner?
>>>
>>I don't read milestoneSe as being required? Reads use="optional"
>>

>What I was trying to say and didn't was that I think "milestoneSe"
>should be required.  (Sorry of the confusion.)  Do you see any that
>milestoneSe should not be required?

Sorry, don't see why it should be required. I could simply want to use
milestoneStart and milestoneEnd without the milestoneSe. (This
attribute, like milestonePt, was added at Bob's request for pointing
purposes.)

Patrick