[osis-core] remove divType attrib from <div>

Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:44:42 -0500

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Can we assign an enumerated list for the 'type' element on JUST div?
> If so, I'd also vote for the latter.  If not, why are we enumerating
> these types again?  I've already got docs that don't conform because
> apparently: testament is not in the list.  I'm not sure if our list
> get's us much, as the important ones will probably have osisID
> attributes, as well (mine do) that will be what we probably will use
> to determine the 'divType'.
>
> BUT, if we keep the list, can we get 'testament' added?

The list allows people to do: divType="x-testament" without having to
extend the schema. ;-) Well, guess we can add testament. ;-)

> Also, never heard back on transChange changeType="tenseChange"
>
> 'tenseChange' is not "in the list" and do we want a 'changeType'
> instead of just plain type?

Want "changeType" for same reason. Can't anticipate all types of changes
but keeps it from being completely open. (Odd that Mr. Constrainer
(Todd) now wants completely open types. Must have had a bad experience
in a cave near his new home. Likes lots of options. ;-)

Sorry about not responding on tenseChange, added to changeType.

>     -Troy.
>
> PS.  Sorry Patrick.  I know you're trying to get this out for Harry
> quickly, but I think these extra things might not effect Harry (I
> doubt he uses <transChange>).  And these items need to be resolved
> eventually.

Want to resolve them sooner rather than later! Should have worked more
on it last week but other things had me distracted! ;-)

Any and all suggestions are really welcome, even if it feels like the
camel has gotten more than his nose in the tent and has called for his
relatives. ;-)

Patrick