[osis-core] verseKey?

Sun, 12 May 2002 11:31:40 -0400

Guys,

Instead of ID/IDREF, proposing that we go to key/kefRef mechanisms for
verse references. Can declare the same unique status so get low level
validation for verse references.

Stripping the old regex to validate book.chapter.verse as key,  so on
each verse, it is a keyRef. For simplicity of reference, even though of
type keyRef, propose calling it bibleCite.

Ex.

<verse bibleCite="Gen.1.1">

Note that validation of work, etc., is by software and not the schema.

If citing other versions (within a single version) must use a work
prefix to the verse attribute, bibleCite="NIV.Gen.1.1" to allow value to
be unique in the doucment (if using verse as a container object).

This does not mean that I could not say Gen.1.1 repeatedly and
ambiguously in the text of a commentary. Just means that my markup would
be forced to be valid even if my prose was poorly organized and confusing.