[osis-core] Dublin Core elements and namespaces

Wed, 08 May 2002 12:41:24 -0400

Guys,

As I noted earlier, all the elements in <header> are from the Dublin
Core set with the exception of revisionDesc.

Questions:

1. Should we use Dublin Core <title> (simple string) rather than our
recursive title element? (Can put Dublin Core title back into the schema
and declare a namespace for it within <header>. Or is that likely to be
confusing? In other words, in <header> you would have <dc:title>just a
string</dc:title> and in the rest of the document, <title>The Angle Bang
Quest<title type="sub">A Personal History<title type="subsub">Being a
recursive.

2. Same question for <date>. Dublin Core is just string. Our has a
calendar attribute.

3. On the more general question of namespaces, should we go ahead and
stake claim to "osis:" and make it the default namespace for our schema?