[osis-core] Simple Link Attributes

Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:09:07 -0400

--------------050207090201090004090505

Greetings,

Building on Harry's excellent suggestion of link attributes yesterday I
have created a test page on that topic (attached). Be forewarned that
its operation may depend upon the default browser behavior of ignoring
things it does not understand (not entirely comfortable on building on
default behaviors but I think Harry has hit upon a very good thing for
us to extend, even if it is just on simple links at the moment).

Note that when I added the other attributes, you no longer get the back
button (at least in Netscape).

BTW, Good NEWS! I spoke with Todd yesterday and he and the family are
fine! I tried to call the new number he had sent out and got a "not in
service" message. With all the fires and stuff I was worried about him.
The wife and youngest two children had enough sense to go see relatives,
Todd and the older two are riding it out like one of those "do you have
a little captain in you" commercials  with a bon fire that can be seen
from outer space. ;-) Todd was going to work on getting his computers
setup  so if you are going to post something he will disagree with, do
it now and beat the rush. ;-)

Seriously, glad to hear Todd and family are OK and hope to see Todd back
in the harness sooner rather than later.

--------------050207090201090004090505

<h2 align="center">Test of attributes on links</h2>
<ul>
<li><a href="http://www.emory.edu" target="University Site" role="Educational Link">Same but includes role=&quot;Educational Link&quot;</a></li>
</ul>
--------------050207090201090004090505--