[osis-core] <header>

Fri, 21 Jun 2002 06:21:52 -0400

Steve,

Steve DeRose wrote:

> At 12:29 PM -0400 06/17/02, Harry Plantinga wrote:
>
>> I like the OSIS header. The ThML header is pretty ugly. But in
>> OSIS, where would I put notes about the editorial practices that
>> have been followed?  Information on publication history?  I
>> guess I could use
>>
>> <description type="Publication History">
>> <description type="Editorial Comments">
>> <description type="Work Needed">
>>
>> but maybe a <comment> element would make sense.
>

> I'd be more inclined to include a slot where we could drop in a fairly
> full TEI header, or parts as needed. Then that would come under
> encodingDesc and revDesc. Perhaps we could define such a slot and just
> refer to TEI for now? Something like

Actually we can (without completely punting, ;-) include such an element.

Suspect that we would need to add an element to the header (I don't see
this as part of the revDescription element), something along the lines of:

<xs:element name="TEI_Header">
    <xs:complexType mixed="true">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:any minOccurs = "1" maxOccurs = "unbounded"
                            processContents = "skip" />
            </xs:sequence>
    <xs:complexType>
</xs:element>

Note that use would require at least one element. Allows the inclusion
of well-formed XML, that being the only enforced requirement.

Note: can also include a namespace declaration, although I don't recall
the namespace for TEI. (Steve ?)

Better?

Patrick