[osis-core] On using OpenOffice as an OSIS editor

Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:19:36 -0400

Steve,

Steve DeRose wrote:

> At 11:08 AM -0400 06/13/02, Harry Plantinga wrote:
>
>> =========== about OpenOffice ==========================
>

> Kirk made a similar suggestion in Rome -- and the additional detail
> you sent sounds good too.
>
> We could seek funding to get those macros set up, along with some doc
> and any needed utilities to make this available to OSIS users. When
> you guesstimated a few months' work, did you mean one grad-student
> level full-time person? If so, we're talking something like $15000 for
> a full project, right (leaving some time for documentation, etc.
>
> Should we try to write up a proposal to shop?

Sure, why not! Need to get the schema out the door but after that I
think it would be the next priority. I can provide some support for the
drafting of the proposal and certainly can act as an alpha/beta tester
on fairly short test cycles.