[osis-core] paren

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 19:06:31 -0400

At 02:54 PM -0700 06/16/02, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:
>2 different things, I guess.
>
>1) parens are used all over in my text the NKJV
>	(New King James Version)
>
>Do we with to provide markup for them?

I'm not sure; what do you think the intent of the parens is? Would we
want the graphical parens to be generated from the element via
stylesheet?

>2) in this specific citation, the parenthetical (as well as the
>quote in which it resides) crosses chapter boundaries and starts
>midverse.

that sounds like a really good reason *not* to mark them up... ;)

>10:21 "But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth.
>(No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince.
>11:1 "Also in the first year of Darius the Mede, I,
><supplied>even</supplied> I, stood up to confirm and strengthen him.)

That's really weird -- I can't think of what that paren might be
trying to express....

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net