[osis-core] empty tag / milestone proposal

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 13:17:04 -0700

Just to feel better about me :)

This is NOT my problem.  I hate to be the one to force us to deal with
this issue.

This is a challenge of XML markup used to represent richly annotated
linear documents (in the literal (not technical) sense)

If OSIS is going to be an exensible markup that allows for people to
annotate the things that they are going to want to annotate, I can't see
how we're going to get around dealing with this issue.

We haven't even gotten core to segment multiple levels of <q> <p>
<verse> and <div type=chapter>

How are we gonna deal with extra modules (linguistic, translator,
publisher, text crit)?  All with new tags that will cross core and
eachother.

I just don't want us to ignore the problem.

	-Troy.