[osis-core] Element Review: <div>

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:09:50 -0400

> I would think <div>, by nature of it's name should NOT be allowed as a
> milestone, so this could be counted on as the guaranteed container in
> which should allow all phrase level markup.  Thoughts?

Yes, <div>s should always be containers.  It's convenient when looking
for the context of a verse, etc. to be able to grab the smallest containing
and the result is guaranteed to be well-formed XML unlike the text between
two milestones.

General comment on milestones and milestone-like usage of tags to denote
ranges of text: the section of the document thus delimited is no longer
well-formed XML, so it will be harder to process. (You can grab the smallest
div containing both milestones and make a pass through it, though.)

-Harry