[osis-core] Element Review: <div>

Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:28:20 -0400

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> if we decide to allow <div><verse mStart="jn.1.1" />In the beginning
> was the Word...<verse mEnd="jn.1.1" /></div>  We will need phrase
> level markup, no?

Hmmm, why would that be the case?

Even in the foregoing, the question is whether there will always be
slightly higher containers than phrase level to contain the elements I
mentioned.

How do you see .... Ah, do you mean if you used all empty elements to
mark a text would you need the ability to use the phrase level stuff
without the containers?

Good Question!!!

Have to think about that one.

Need to take my dinner break. May not have an answer when I return but a
very good question.

Let me work through some more of the element review and let that stew in
the back of my mind for a little while.

Patrick