[osis-core] Preliminary Schema message

Tue, 04 Jun 2002 09:03:08 -0400

Guys,

Look at the attached schema where I am trying to restrict the ref part
of the regex to a particular subset. Should be logical "and" but the
attached XML file says that it is valid (in XMLSpy).  The first <p>
should be invalid and the second valid.

Note that in order to further restrict the first string, have to use
this mechanism (possibly redefine but will check on that).

Need to replace the \s with something that prohibits both white space
and periods so ours will be the only ones in the regex. Likely to make
it even uglier. Should have a mechanism like content models for the
regex but since the goal was to validate part numbers and dress sizes I
guess a really useful mechanism was beyong the goals of the W3C. :-(

May leave the regex alone for a while and try to work on something else
in the schema.