Formal Works Referenced: was Re: [osis-core] osisRef (finally)

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:12:07 -0400

> Troy, Chris, Harry, you will be the early implementers of such texts,
> how does Steve's suggestion sound to you? (Ignore any syntax errors I
> made in interpreting his post, we can fix those.)

The only implementing in my immediate plans is to converting several texts
to OSIS. There are many references to external texts, and it won't be
practical for me to convert them to osisRefs, except perhaps for bible
references.  They'll just be unlinked footnotes and/or hypertext links.

I guess we've got two different types of references floating around --
standard urls (in the <a> element) and osisRefs.

Or, should <a> use an osisRef referring to an entry in the header which
gives the URL? That would seem like lots of messing around for no
obvious advantage.

-Harry