[osis-core] Harry on osisID's

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 15:33:45 -0400

> >Versification: indicating a system (cf. my proposal to specify the
> >Oxford Study Bible as canonical and if you vary, map to it.
> >canID="map to" osisID="map from")
> >(Crude? yes. Gets us out the door? yes. Can be extended in the
> >future? yes. Harry's suggestion but blame me for the suggested
> >implementation.)

Note that the Oxford Study Bible is one edition of the New Revised
Standard Version with Apocrypha (NRSVA). It would make more sense
to say that the "NRSVA" is the canonical standard, unless you have in
mind that the Oxford notes are also canonical (and I hope they are not...:)

I'm going to be more or less out of town from Saturday to the end
of the month, and unless my campsite has a phone jack I'll be out
of email range too...

-Hrary