[osis-core] osisRef (finally)

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 23:16:38 -0700

> Come to think of it, we were going to identify referenced works in the
> header,
> right?  So we'd never use Bible.KJV.Matt.1.2 -- instead we'd have
> <work id="KJV" ...> in the header, and we'd use
>
> KJV.Matt.1.2.
>
> Is that correct?

In an age long ago, we decided to specify a default reference work and
schema in the header and allow overriding with something like:

<reference work="Bible.NIV" refID="John.1.1">

If the 'work' attribute was not present, then the default from the
header would be assumed.

I would like to hear some discussion about the:

"Bible.KJV"

text.  What exactly do people (you people) mean when they say this?

'Bible' as opposed to???  Commentary? Lexicon? DailyDevotional?  Are we
really wanting to classify works other than Bibles at this level?

'KJV' meaning versification scheme? Actual work? If so, what edition?