[osis-core] When an osisID is not an osisID?

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Mon, 01 Jul 2002 22:38:41 -0700

To comment on my own, unclear post:

> My suggestion to NOT use osisRef to mark these does not preclude using
> osisRef, e.g.
>
> <verse beginOsisID="John.1.1" endOsisID="John.1.3">
> <reference osisRef="John.1.1-John.1.3">John 1:1-3</reference> In the
> beginning...
> </verse>
>
> but this does not satisfy the need for a mechanism to locate sections on
> the document that 'contain' e.g. "John.1.1", for software.

This last statement should, instead say something like: this <reference>
element, alone, does not satisfy the need for a mechanism to locate the
section of the document that 'contains' e.g. "John.1.1".  Hence, the
need for the <verse> element, in the example above, to do this.