[osis-core] <p>

Sat, 31 Aug 2002 13:08:02 -0600

Is there a reason that you would not want to use a simple <milestone>
element.  I have thought of the same issue related to a  fragment.  The same
problem exists for many other elements.  I had thought that I might still
use the same container and put a value in the "splitID" to indicate that the
element is only part of (the same as if it had been split due to overlapping
heirarchies).

With a <p> element with a splitID you would not know if you had the
starting, middle, or end of the fragment paragraph.  With a <milestone>
element you can indicate that it is the start or end of a paragraph or both.

My consern is that if we have to many different ways to accomplish things
then we will not be able to write stylesheets and the like that apply to any
osis document.

Did I correctly understand the problem you are trying to solve?

Todd