[osis-core] osisCandidate: 005 (about to appear) comments on 006 (tomorrow)

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 09:54:37 -0400

> 1. Should osisID be required on <verse>

I don't think osisID should be _required_ --
what if I want to quote a verse but don't know
the reference?  There may be unanticipated
uses we'd be disallowing. And it doesn't harm
the validity etc. of the document not to have
osisIDs on verses.

> 2. Should we default reference system on osisText (whatever
> we call the > attribute)

I think a document should be considered to implement an
osisID system of the same name as its osisWork.

The osisRef default refsystem is a separate question.
I think it would be good to allow the specification
of a default osisWork: prefix for osisRefs, and make
a default value of that attribute of "Bible".