[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 10 reference to an entire work.

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:34:21 -0400

At 11:14 AM -0600 08/21/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>Currenly we have a nice mechanism to point to a reference within a work
>but not to an entire work or reference system.
>
><reference osisRef="Bible.KJV(Bible.TEV)"/> is invalid.

That is kind of tacky, isn't it?

>But <reference osisRef="Bible.TEV:Gen"/> is valid.
>
>If we change the regex to no have a ":" then we have no way to
>distinquish between a reference to an entire work or reference system
>and a reference that is defaulting the reference system.  We could allow
>the following:
>
><reference osisRef="Bible.KJV(Bible.TEV):"/>
>
>One ugly thing is that the reference system is not needed when referring
>to the entire work.

True; I could live with that and the extraneous-seeming colon,
though; this seems a rare enough case that it can get away with being
a little ugly.

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net
Email: sderose@speakeasy.net