[osis-core] osisCore_Candiate_1.1_003 - 7 osisWork as an IDREF

Steve DeRose osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:28:32 -0400

At 10:47 AM -0600 08/21/02, Todd Tillinghast wrote:
>I thought that osisWork in <osisText> was an IDREF and that the name
>attribute in <work> was an ID.  Did we abandon that or have we just not
>gotten that in this version?
>
>Todd

I believe it is an IDREF, though it's main purpose is to set the
inherited default so you don't have to stick the prefix on each
following reference. When an osisWork value appears embedded in a
full reference, of course it isn't technically syntactically an IDREF.

Writing this, I realize that for consistency we should have an
osisRefSys we can set as default, too, yes? Either a second attribute
(yech), or osisWork allows both work and reftype to be include in its
value (in which case the name is inconsistent.

Picky, picky....

--

Steve DeRose -- http://www.stg.brown.edu/~sjd
Chair, Bible Technologies Group -- http://www.bibletechnologies.net