[osis-core] Regex News

Sun, 18 Aug 2002 12:08:25 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Don't have to include spaces but must include "|" to get the "or"
> behavior for the schema regex.
>
> Re-writing and testing, still looking at NOON for the next release.

Patrick,

I'm not sure if this is the case for xs:pattern in Schema, but in Perl you
would only use | for strings, not characters (for which you would use []).

So (a|b|c) and [abc] are equivalent.  But (abc|def) and [abcdef]{3} are
completely different.

If you think (\p{L}|\p{N}|_) is easier to understand than [\p{L}\p{N}_]
then by all means, let's keep using that type of format.  There might be a
gain in efficiency by using the latter, but I don't think we need to care
about how efficiently documents are being validated.

--Chris