[osis-core] osisCore_Candidate.11_002!

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:35:51 -0700

Patrick,
	What elements did we decide could have an osisRef?  And what exactly does
it mean to have an osisRef on anything other than something like:

See <reference osisRef="Matt.1.1">Matthew 1:1</reference> for an
alternate geneology of Christ.

I understand that people asked for ways to relate certain elements to
Bible passages, but when I write software, I will need to know what to
do with something like:

this section of Scripture.</p>

Didn't we say something like:

This is commentary for this section of Scripture.</p>

would be better?

If we REALLY wanted to allow someone to pull up *'THE'* paragraph in a
doc for "Matt.1.4", wouldn't it be better to mark a commentary with
something like:

type="commentary">
<reference osisRef="Matt.1.1-Matt.1.6">Matthew 1:1-6</reference>  This
is commentary for this section of Scripture.</p>

Just trying to buff out a shiny surface from our chiseling over the past
months :) (at least in my mind, if everyone else gets this).

	-Troy.