[osis-core] osisID as List

Harry Plantinga osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:44:34 -0400

It was also my understanding of the matter (and my understanding
of Steve's position) that osisIDs are never ranges.  I think that's
a direct quote from Steve.

However, that's a slightly different matter from what I understand
Todd to be proposing -- that a single entity such as a paragraph
could have several osisIDs.

Take the Matt.1.6-Matt.1.11 case. If a single element corresponds
to several osisIDs, how would you mark that up?
[text of paragraph]

However, I'm not sure this should really occur. At least in this
example, I would suggest that the CEV is using a different versification
scheme, and it would use some other ID to identify that paragraph,
perhaps Matt.1.6_11 (which is NOT a range, just a single osisID).
A translation would be defined between the two schemes.

But could there ever be cases in which a single elemetn (e.g. paragraph)
corresponds to two or more osisIDs in the chosen reference scheme?
I'm not sure. Perhaps. So maybe we SHOULD allow a list of osisIDs.

-Harry