[osis-core] Reference Syntax Proposal

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 14:09:48 -0700

Todd Tillinghast wrote:
> Troy,
>
> Would what you suggested about including BOTH the identifier from the
> standard reference system AS WELL AS an identifier from a "work"
> specific reference system look like the following?

>          <title>The Ancestors of Jesus Christ</title>
> of Jesus Christ, a descendant of David, who was a descendant of
> Abraham.</verseEnd>
> Bible.TEV:Matt.1.6.a"><title>Matthew 1:2-6a</title>From Abraham to King

Yes, I guess it would follow that if you wished to allow <reference
ref="Matt.1.6.a"> from outside this document, you would need to define
the Bible.TEV versification scheme.  But then you probably just declare
it as extending the KJV (or something else), and then your references in
your document would default to this versification scheme, and the
'Bible.TEV:' prefix would not be necessary.  What do you think?

> This is appealing because it does not use extended identifiers while
> providing a mechanism to include as a work specific reference system as
> needed!

Well, I think I'm just trying to clarify other's positions that I had
mentally bought into, so let's see what others say :)