[osis-core] Reference Syntax Proposal - Suggestion

Troy A. Griffitts osis-core@bibletechnologieswg.org
Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:16:19 -0700

Hey Todd,
	Thanks for the example.  Most times it's better for me to understand
speaking with examples.  Ok, now what would be the problem with encoding
the proposed way?

		<title>The Ancestors of Jesus Christ</title>
ancestors of Jesus Christ, a descendant of David, who was a descendant
of Abraham.</verseEnd>
Matt.1.6.a">From Abraham to King David, the following
ancestors are listed: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Judah and his brothers;
then Perez and Zerah (their mother was Tamar), Hezron, Ram, Amminadab,
Nahshon, Salmon, Boaz (his mother was Rahab), Obed (his mother was
Ruth), Jesse, and King David.</verse>
Matt.1.10 Matt.1.11">David to the time when the people of Israel were
taken into exile
in Babylon, the following ancestors are listed: David, Solomon (his
mother was the woman who had been Uriah's wife), Rehoboam, Abijah, Asa,
Jehoshaphat, Jehoram, Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, Hezekiah, Manasseh, Amon,
Josiah, and Jehoiachin and his brothers.</verse>
Matt.1.15 Matt.1.16">From the time after the exile in Babylon to the
birth of Jesus, the following ancestors are listed: Jehoiachin,
Shealtiel, Zerubbabel, Abiud, Eliakim, Azor, Zadok, Achim, Eliud,
Eleazar, Matthan, Jacob, and Joseph, who married Mary, the mother of
Jesus, who was called the Messiah.</verse>
fourteen generations from Abraham to David, and fourteen from David to
the exile in Babylon, and fourteen from then to the birth of the
Messiah.</verse></p>

NOTE: I removed the reference after the title, and the note in the
second 'verse', as I did not wish to vouch for the validity of that
syntax-- totally separate issue that might get us off track from this
subject.

	-Troy.