[osis-core] Problem with no <p> markings

Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:52:21 -0400

Troy,

I have been having email problems, both incoming (Emory University) and
then later outgoing (BellSouth)! Talk about a bad email day!

I did try to call several times but then realized your 56K connection
was your cell phone! Duh!!! ;-)

Best solution at this point is to wrap <verseStart /> ... <verseStop /> as:

boundaries anyway. Note that in the KJV text I have, the verses are set
like <p></p> indented first line anyway.

To some degree I am sympathetic but one of the advantages of a markup
system is that it does limit choices, hopefully in a useful way, because
unlimited options make texts more difficult to use without a lot of
processing, that most people are unable to do.

I think you are correct that to mandate paragraphs is to make a claim
about the text, but then so is all markup (at least according to Michael
Sperberg-McQueen), a position that I find quite agreeable.

I will try to call again tomorrow if you can send a land line number
where I can reach you or if by some chance you will not be using your
cell phone modem. ;-)

Looking forward to seeing you in Rome!

Patrick