[osis-core] OSIS_0105:17 <date> from xs:dateTime?

Mon, 8 Apr 2002 00:58:18 -0500

I was thinking that the hh:mm:ss part is optional (defaulted to
midnight, if left blank) in xs:dateTime.  This is not the case.  However
we could  do the following.  That would have the same impact.

This would cause no impact on those who simple want to provide a date
only but allows for a date/time for interested parties.

See the following schema fragment and xml document fragment:
SCHEMA:
<xs:element name="date" type="DateOrDateTime"/>
<xs:simpleType name="DateOrDateTime">
	<xs:union memberTypes="xs:date xs:dateTime"/>
</xs:simpleType>

DOCUMENT: (BOTH are valid!!!!!)
<date>2001-04-07T13:20:33</date>
<date>2001-04-07</date>