[osis-core] OSIS_0105:3 verse milestones

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 11:45:56 -0500

Troy,

Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

>I'll try to tackle commenting on a few...
>
>>For verse milestones, restrict the IDs to the compScriptureReferenceType
>>so that we get validation for the "who am i" function here.
>>
>>(Agreeing with Troy here that StartVerse and StartVerse as attribute is
>>confusing. Just use ID, datetype ID.)
>>

>Example??
>
><bookStart ID="John" />
>  <chapterStart ID="John.1" />
>    <verseStart ID="John.1.1" />
>      <w ID="John.1.1.1">In</w>
>    <verseEnd refID="John.1.1" />
>  <chapterEnd refID="John.1" />
><bookEnd refID="John" />
>
>is this the mechanism you were thinking (syntax aside)?  how's this
>syntax?

Actually the first one.

For containers, like ref (even as a milestone) they would have IDs but
not compScriptureReferenceType ones.

Example:

<refStart ID="B1212" reference="John.1.1">

<refEnd refID="B1212" referenceEnd="John.1.1">

Errr, hmmm, gives you two ways to indicate the relationship of the
milestone markers. In other words, both refID and referenceEnd (assuming
both are datatype IDREF) point to the beginning milestone.

May not be a problem, let me think about that one for a little while.
Does capture the end of verse, by implication anyway.

Comments?

Patrick