[mobile-devel] Thoughts regarding future And Bible enhancements

Nic Carter niccarter at mac.com
Sat Jan 29 16:23:54 MST 2011

Heya Martin,

On 30/01/2011, at 9:22 AM, Martin Denham wrote:

> Allow Xiphos Module Download
> Include modules from Xiphos in download list.  Is there a Master List we can use?  If not I just plan to merge the Xiphos list with the CrossWire list.
> I also need to add a Refresh List button.

I know you use JSword, but in SWORD we have:
sword::InstallMgr->refreshRemoteSourceConfiguration();
which pulls the master repo list across & updates the user's repo list.  The list is located at http://crosswire.org/ftpmirror/pub/sword/masterRepoList.conf

> Navigation
> I don't like putting my fingers all over the screen I am reading but thumbwheels are not so common now so maybe: touch right/left edge to go forward back a chapter, touch bottom corner to scroll down.

Not having ever used And-Bible, I have no idea how it works, but I should get a friend at church who has an Android phone to install it and try it out :)  He's moving on Monday, so perhaps in a couple of weeks when his mind is actually working again.  ;)
Anyway, PS allows quick switching of chapters via swiping to the left & right to go forward & back a chapter.  Just thought I'd mention it.  :)

> Twitter & Facebook Integration
> Maybe somebody would like to contribute the code.  I am not even on Twitter.

I have an account for PS on Twitter and have a reasonable number of followers (230).  I will often get interaction with users via it and it's kinda fun being able to hear back from people that way.  :)
having said that, Twitter support (& facebook?) is still on my todo list and it's on my "no plans yet" part of my list...  ;)

> EverNote integration

Hmmm, we should perhaps team up on that sometime . . .  could be kinda cool to allow users to move notes across?  however, I am yet to properly think about this, nor to have decided upon which cloud-based service to use.

Hope that helps?  ybic
	nic...  :)