[mobile-devel] Quality of and-bible auto translations - Chinese, Korean, and German

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:49:09 MST 2010

Hi,

In the current release of and-bible are machine automated translations
for Chinese, Korean, and German.  I don't speak any of these languages but
am hoping that somebody can comment on the quality of these automated
translations to see if we should expand the use of auto-translation in the
future.

To test the translation you will either need to change the locale of your
phone or start an Android emulator with the "-prop persist.sys.language=de",
or use the Custom Locale app on Android emulators.  Locale testing is
described here:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/resources/localization.html#testing

Please bear in mind that a couple of strings were added or amended after the
translations were done and will appear in English - my fault.

Thanks
Martin