[mobile-devel] and-bible on Android - Strongs refs

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 04:27:36 MST 2010

Hi Matthew,

Is this something that other people do too?  Which software
currently supports this use?
   "search the entire module for occurrences of that Greek/Hebrew word"

This is an interesting use I had not thought of.  I believe that to search
for all occurrences of a Strong's ref we may not be able to use standard
Sword indexes created by Sword based apps because, and I may be wrong, I
think they only index the raw bible text and this is also what and-bible
currently does but I think we can extend and-bible indexing to make it more
like JSwords which includes information like Strongs references.  To get
indexing to work on a mobile I cut out anything I deemed superfluous.

Regards
Martin