[mobile-devel] And Bible Speech usage

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 11:36:50 MST 2010

Do many of you use the Speak facility in And Bible?  I really like it but
was wondering if I am the only one because I have only had a couple of
comments on it.  I sometimes like to lay back and listen to what Matthew
Henry has to say on a particular chapter or to read along with the speech.

I have thought about extending the TTS control in the next release by adding
 a ui with options for continuous reading, repeated reading, read slowly,
etc.  I thought eventually it might link into Bookmarks and help verse
memorisation.

I should say that I got the original idea to use TTS from Bishop and I
should also confess there is an annoying bug in that Android often seems not
to tell And Bible when it has finished reading a chapter so you need to
press Speak twice the next time.

Best regards
Martin