[mobile-devel] And Bible version 0.0.14 is available

Martin Denham mjdenham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 15:00:05 MST 2010

Hi SonWon,

BackButton - yes some people will prefer back to exit but not always it is a
tricky choice

Bible button - A list of books is available via the Menu button.  I thought
about the quick change buttons for a while and I like to think of them as
super-tabs.  Many bible apps use tabs to switch between bible, commentary
and dictionary, well the buttons allow that but also if you are viewing a
bible you can change to the next.  I also did not want to use any more space
so I did not add a menu bar at the bottom but had to enlarge the top bar by
3 pixels to make the buttons hittable.  Incidentally, the idea for a button
in the title bar came from the Android gmail app.  I expect these buttons
may be change in the future and may gain some customisability, but I wanted
to make a simple start to a basic action bar.  Any way, I like them.

TSK - good idea.  Something I have had on my todo list for a long time but
TSK is particularly appropriate for commentary->bible links.  I need to
check out the OSIS in the TSK.

Taps - I see you like to tap and move.

Verse selector - I plan to implement something like the Pocket Sword
navigator in the next significant release.  many of you have asked for a
grid but I like the way the PS allows navigation to 'drop out' at any level
i.e. book, chapter or verse and I also think it good to have some similarity
between the apps, and I must confess the grids I have seen have not inspired
me, but we have had this discussion before.

Thanks for your comments SonWon.  They all affect the design but just not
instantly.

Have you upgraded to 2.2 yet?

Best regards
Martin