[mobile-devel] SwordReader development resumes

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Sat Jan 31 10:44:45 MST 2009

Barry,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I planned to respond and
then never did.
> I'm pretty well out of the picture now except for testing and helping
> any newbies that want to try to get into SwordReader.  Keep in touch
> if you want tnything from me.  I hope somebody will take up the module
> manager that I wrote.  It works perfectly - but the GUI interface is
> really bad.  David - would it help if I made the core of it into a
> commandline version that would be easy for a GUI programmer to take up
> and convert?  All the 'works' are in one function that calls Windows
> ModuleManager to get/remove modules, so I could easily make a
> commandline main() function to call it and demonstrate what happens.
Don't worry about it for now. I am sure at some point we can build off
of your work as it is now.

> A full version of SwordReader requires a simple way of installing
> modules.
I agree, but don't have the time to devote to this right now. I am
struggling just to get SwordReader to a beta phase. One more thing to do
(add verse pop-ups for commentaries) then a ton of bugs to fix, then
beta testing can begin. ;-)

By the way the current subversion source can now handle pop ups for
strongs and footnotes.

In Christ,
David Trotz