[mobile-devel] SwordReader development resumes

Barry Drake bdrake at crosswire.org
Fri Jan 2 06:59:26 MST 2009

Hi David .......

Good to see you back.

David Trotz wrote:
> Anyone interested in contributing in anyway is more than welcome to do so.

I'm pretty well out of the picture now except for testing and helping
any newbies that want to try to get into SwordReader.  Keep in touch if
you want tnything from me.  I hope somebody will take up the module
manager that I wrote.  It works perfectly - but the GUI interface is
really bad.  David - would it help if I made the core of it into a
commandline version that would be easy for a GUI programmer to take up
and convert?  All the 'works' are in one function that calls Windows
ModuleManager to get/remove modules, so I could easily make a
commandline main() function to call it and demonstrate what happens.

A full version of SwordReader requires a simple way of installing modules.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United
Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for
our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com