[mobile-devel] Bible Text Rendering Speed, SR Beta 1

David Trotz dtrotzjr at crosswire.org
Fri Feb 6 20:36:15 MST 2009

> When I go to Mark 12:12 it takes 6 seconds to render.  I believe this
> is a quirk of my device.  What I find puzzling is I have an old Bible
> Reader program (PPC 2003) I wrote several years ago and it renders the
> same text in less than a second.  KJV with Strongs in both examples.
> Strongs is turned off and both are loaded to the storage card.
6 Seconds for any text to show at all? or 6 seconds for the progress bar
at the bottom of the screen to get to 100%?
I just tested it on mine, it takes about 4-5 seconds to show anything at
all. I can look more into why this is but part is the slowness of the
SWORD engine on these devices, second is the swapping of fonts, strongs
numbers requires a font switch every other word, but that still is
pretty fast otherwise scrolling would be a bear.

--
David