[mobile-devel] Verse Selector, SR Beta 1

SonWon sonwon.1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 19:54:23 MST 2009

My third topic is verse selection.

The vision I have for SwordReader is a fully functional Bible study tool
able to replace desktop Bible readers.

It take two taps to bring up the verse selector, Navigate | Book.

I propose one tap is better.

This would be my proposal if we keep the tabs.  Side note, I like the
tabs but on the little screens the loss of even one line is a big hit.
Anyway on with one tap verse selection.

Single Tap on Selected Tab:
If the Bible tab is already selected and I tap it then take me straight
to the verse selector.  If the Bible tab is not selected then show me
the Bible text.

Tap-and-hold on Tab:
Bring up a menu that would allow me to select a different Bible.  In the
future this menu could also let me select split screen to view two Bible
translations at once.  Tap-and-hold on the Comm tab, change commentary.
Same with Dict tab, change dictionaries.

I am also thinking it would be a good idea to use the Bible tab to show
the current verse, since the Start Menu is not always available to show
text.  This is due to many task managers overwriting that area.  Here is
how I would use the Bible Tab, instead of saying 'Bible' on the tab say
'KJV John 3:16' or maybe just 'John 3:16'.  We would need to use
abbreviations in place of the full book name.  And the tab width would
need to be wider.

I would also loose the About tab, I can always view that by going into
the menus.

This should be enough to get a discussion going.

~
SonWon